A. Quinton — Jan. 5th 2015
The horror/fantasy convention for werewolf lovers is back, and taking over the Red Lion at the Quay, in Vancouver, WA over the weekend of February 7th & 8th. That’s literally across the river from Portland, and just a 3-hour drive from Seattle.
In attendance you’ll find a plentiful pack of werewolf enthusiasts and creative professionals, including:
- Kitty Norville series urban fantasy bestseller Carrie Vaughn
- “Pure American Werewolf Metal” band GrimWolf
- presenters & staff from HOWL CON official charity, Wolf Haven International
- Underworld franchise SFX alumn and Laika prop wizard George Willis
- werewolf/anthropomorphics fine artist Goldenwolf
- shapeshifter folklorist Rev. Dr. Phillip A. Bernhardt-House
- Werewolf: the Apocalypse writer/designer Satyros Phil Brucato
- 20th Anniversary Werewolf LARP prime-mover Jason Andrew
- beast/monster costumer & author Mordrude
- monster artist Tandye Rowe
- esoteric artist & natural history curatrix Lupa
- recreational paranoia & obfuscation led by Al Partridge of Portland Werewolf
- Werewolf News writer & Supernatural Registration Authority perpetrator Andrew Quinton
and more writers, artists, podcasters, gamers, filmmakers, haunters, & every other stripe of lycanthropic luminary. To add your movie to the short film showcase, email here; to apply for a dealer room spot, click here; to inquire about the art show, email Kigai Holt.
PLUS: the Kiggins Theatre in downtown Vancouver is showing a night of werewolf films on Friday, February 6th, and HOWL CON passholders get a great discount on an already affordable ticket!
Weekend passes to HOWL CON are yours for the unbelievably low pre-reg price of $40, but we’ve cooked up two special deals for you:
- Use the coupon code “earlybird” to grab the first 20 registrations for only $30/weekend!
- Select the Patron-level registration to lend extra support to HOWL CON and receive a package of perks including free admission to the Kiggins movie night, priority check-in, recognition in the program booklet, early dealer room access, and a special reception with featured guests. Only twelve Patron registrations are available for 2015!
- Don’t forget to reserve your discounted hotel stay, including shoulder dates, by calling (360) 694-8341 and asking for the HOWL CON rate, or reserve nights of Feb. 7th & 8th ONLY online by clicking here.
So what are you waiting for, a blue moon? Register for HOWL CON today, and stay tuned to twitter.com/howlconpdx for updates about guests and activities.
HOWL CON sounds like it’s gonna be an amazing experience, and I’m honoured to be attending! Many thanks to them for sponsoring Werewolf News.