It’s my favourite Twitter tradition! As soon as September ends, you have to perform two rituals:
- Change your Twitter username to a spooky derivative – equal parts scary and corny (eg. if you’re Marco Arment, you could be Marc O’Lantern).
- Get a profile picture to match. It has to be a picture of you, but Halloween-ified – you can’t just put up a stock image and call it good (unless you’re rocking a gimmick, in which case, you’re excused).
Finding an artist who’ll do a good monster portrait of you cheap and quick can be tricky, but three of my favourite artists are starting the month of
Halloween October with special limited-time deals to help you out.
- Teknicolor Tiger is offering six profile picture slots for $30 CAD each. That’s Canadian dollars, which are in the toilet right now, so it’s an extra-good deal. TT draws some extremely terrifying werewolves so get on it!
- Hamster Toybox is offering monstrous/snarly icons for $20 USD each. She’s done art for me in the past (including this image of Tandye transforming into a werewolf) and my responses to her delivery emails are always written in ALL-CAPS WITH LOTS OF EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!
- Just minutes ago, Shmorky opened a limited number of Halloween avatar slots for $10.31 USD. Shmorky is a legend and you only need to browse their Tumblr for a minute to see why getting a drawing of yourself as any Shmorkified monster is a super wise move.
If you get a profile pic drawn by one of these people, mention @WerewolfNews on Twitter because I wanna see!
The flattering portrait of me at the top of this post is by Lew, who will get added to this list instantly if and when they start accepting this kind of commission.