Academic, writer, publisher, friend and fellow werewolf enthusiast Dr. Hannah Priest has a terrific post up on her blog, She-Wolf, in which a number of contributors (including your humble servant) make a case for our favourite female werewolves. Hannah’s the authority on lady lycanthropes, so the results of this poll will be canonical – we’ll be logging the results with the Library of Congress and Wolfram Alpha.
The nominees are:
- Kelsey ‘Boobs’ Bornstein (in ‘Boobs’ by Suzy McKee Charnas)
- Sergeant Angua (in Terry Pratchett’s Discworld series)
- ‘Wolfgirl’ (in The Company of Wolves)
- Nina (in Being Human)
- Kitty Norville (in Carrie Vaughn’s Kitty Norville books)
- Brigitte Fitzgerald (in Ginger Snaps: Unleashed)
- White Fell (in Clemence Housman’s The Were-Wolf)
- Leah Clearwater (in Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight series)
I nominated Brigitte Fitzgerald, but she’s up against some pretty tough company. Read through each contributor’s analysis and post your vote (or write in your own) on the She-Wolf blog, then come back here and defend your choice (unless you picked Brigitte).