A. Quinton — Oct. 2nd 2015
It’s my favourite Twitter¬†tradition! As soon as September ends, you have to perform two rituals:
- Change your Twitter username to¬†a spooky derivative¬†‚Äď¬†equal parts scary and corny¬†(eg. if you’re Marco Arment, you could be Marc O’Lantern).
- Get a¬†profile picture¬†to match. It has to be a picture of¬†you, but Halloween-ified ‚Äď you can’t just put up a stock image and call it good (unless you’re rocking a gimmick, in which case, you’re excused).
Finding an artist who’ll do a good monster portrait of you cheap and quick can be tricky, but three¬†of my favourite artists are starting the month of
Halloween October with special limited-time¬†deals to help you out.
- Teknicolor Tiger is offering six profile picture slots for $30 CAD each. That’s¬†Canadian dollars, which are in the toilet right now, so it’s an extra-good deal. TT draws some extremely terrifying¬†werewolves so get on it!
- Hamster Toybox¬†is offering monstrous/snarly icons for $20 USD each. She’s done art for me in the past (including this image of Tandye transforming into a¬†werewolf) and my responses¬†to her delivery emails are always written in ALL-CAPS WITH LOTS OF EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!
- Just minutes ago, Shmorky¬†opened a limited number of Halloween avatar slots for $10.31 USD. Shmorky is a legend and you only need to browse their¬†Tumblr for a minute to see why getting a drawing of yourself as any¬†Shmorkified monster is a super wise move.
If you get a profile pic drawn by one of these people, mention @WerewolfNews on Twitter because I wanna see!
The¬†flattering portrait of me¬†at the top of this post is¬†by¬†Lew, who will get added to this list¬†instantly if and when they start accepting this kind of commission.